Fighting out of the Baltimore Boxing Gym, Wallace make his pro debut Saturday in Virginia

Fighting out of the Baltimore Boxing Gym, Wallace make his pro debut Saturday in Virginia


Baltimore, MD (May 18, 2016) – Baltimore Boxing middleweight prospect “Dangerous” Donald Wallace is slated to make his pro debut against fellow newcomer Brian Straus in a four round match up Saturday evening at the ABC Sports Complex in Springfield, VA.

In the last year, Wallace went from a virtual unknown to a respected up and comer in the notoriously tough Baltimore-Maryland-DC region. A participant in the 2016 Olympic Qualifiers, Wallace exceeded expectations but ultimately came up short after dropping a debatable decision to well-regarded Sharif Rahman.

Since the defeat to Rahman, Wallace has been fighting with a chip on his shoulder and the kind of hunger necessary to make it in a sport brutal as boxing. Now that his brief but successful amateur career is behind him, Wallace is focused on his future in the paid ranks.

“I’m excited and have been working on getting my weight down,” said Wallace. “My last few amateur fights I fought too heavy but that’s no longer an issue. I’ve already had experience boxing without the headgear during the Olympic Qualifiers so I’m not worried about that aspect. I actually like that the gloves are smaller in the pros because I’m looking for a knockout or stoppage in the first round to enter the pros in style!”

Jake Smith, Wallace’s manager and trainer, has been involved in the fight game for more than three decades and is a firm believer in him.

“Donald came to me with no experience but the desire to learn and improve. He is an incredibly hard worker and has come very far in a short period of time. I believe his work ethic alone will take him places in this sport and I’m looking forward to Saturday night.”

Tickets are available by calling 410-375-9175.

Fans can interact with Donald on Twitter @Wallytbe and for more information on Baltimore Boxing, visit Baltimoreboxing.com.

Joseph Elegele

Posted: 17th May 2016 by knockout in Clients

Hughie Fury, 20-0, hopes to become world champion like his cousin Tyson in the near future while also defeating a medical condition that has kept him from being 100 percent

Hughie Fury, 20-0, hopes to become world champion like his cousin Tyson in the near future while also defeating a medical condition that has kept him from being 100 percent


Manchester, Lancashire, UK (May 16, 2016) – Fast rising heavyweight Hughie Fury has been ranked #6 in the world by the World Boxing Organization (WBO).

Fury captured the WBO’s Intercontinental belt April 30 via 7th round technical decision over awkward Fred Kassi. At 21 years old, Fury has a perfect 20-0 professional ledger and stopped ten of his opponents. During the last fifteen months, Fury’s passed multiple tough tests having outpointed noteworthy fighters in Andriy Rudenko, George Arias, Dominick Guinn and Kassi.

On July 9, Fury looks to shine on his biggest stage yet when he faces an opponent to be named in a ten or twelve round fight. The fight will appear on the undercard of the world heavyweight championship showdown between champion Tyson Fury and Wladimir Klitschko at the Manchester Arena.

Hungry but humble, Fury is very pleased with his world ranking and plans to win the WBO world championship.

“I’m overwhelmed that the WBO has me listed in the top six in the world,” said Fury. “I’m a loyal person and will repay the WBO by winning their world title just like my cousin Tyson.”
Even with his notable success and high praise throughout the boxing world, Fury’s been battling a grueling opponent out of the ring that has prevented him from being 100 percent.

According to Dr. Ian R. White, Fury’s suffering from acne conglobata which could result in malaise, fluctuating fevers and joint pain. The condition has to be treated aggressively with medications in order to keep his career progressing.

Thankfully, he’s responding well and things are looking up.
“I’ve been dealing with fatigue and a skin problem that caused my body to breakdown. I know people in the boxing world have taken note of this and I appreciate their concern. The good news is I have been given treatment to clear my skin once and for all. I’m 21 years old and am going to show the world what I’m about in the next year and hopefully there will be another world champion in the Fury family.”

Fury’s opponent will be announced shortly.

Fans can interact with Fury on Twitter @hughiefury.

Gunn Jr. is now 7-0 with 5 knockouts following a vicious kayo of Shawn Hodson

Gunn Jr. is now 7-0 with 5 knockouts following a vicious kayo of Shawn Hodson

Huntington, WV (May 15, 2016) – Hard hitting middleweight prospect Bobby Gunn Jr. improved to 7-0 after scoring a vicious one punch knockout of seven fight veteran Shawn Hodson in the second of their four round bout Saturday, May 14 at Charlie’s in Huntington, WV.

Fighting for the second time in three weeks, Gunn Jr. took his time early in the first stanza but found an opening and dropped Hodson with a right hand to the body. The game Hodson made it back to his feet at the count of 7 and survived the rest of the round. In the second, Hodson looked to keep Gunn Jr.’s off balance by increasing his punch output, but Gunn Jr’s high guard kept him out of trouble. Later in the second, Gunn Jr. dodged a left cross and landed a vicious textbook left hook to Hodson’s liver, causing him to drop like a sack of potatoes. Hodson unsuccessfully attempted to get up, forcing the referee to halt the contest

“That was one heck of a punch,” exclaimed Bobby Gunn, the trainer, manager and father of Bobby Jr. “He couldn’t have landed a better shot and everything was beautiful from the way he slipped to digging in Hodson’s body and the amount of power he put into the punch. I’m very happy with the outcome of this fight and Bobby Jr. is improving every day.”

Information on Gunn Jr’s next bout will be available shortly.

Del Valle scored an impressive eight round decision over Thomas "KO" Snow PHOTO CREDIT: Roc Nation Sports

Del Valle scored an impressive eight round decision over Thomas “KO” Snow
PHOTO CREDIT: Roc Nation Sports

Washington, DC (May 14, 2016) – 122 pound contender Luis “Orlandito” Del Valle (22-2, 16 KO’s) of Bayamon, Puerto Rico scored a clear-cut, eight-round unanimous decision over local southpaw Thomas “KO” Snow (18-3, 12 KO’s) on Friday, May 13 at the DC Armory in Washington, D.C.

Fighting on Roc Nation Sports’ Throne Boxing on BET, Del Valle looked to set the tone by pressuring the DC-based Snow in the opening round. In the second, the former NABA featherweight champion landed a number of straight right hands, including one that sent Snow down hard. Sensing that a knockout may be imminent, Del Valle swarmed Snow but he made it out of the round.

The third saw Del Valle land a picture perfect left hook that dropped Snow again, who effectively tied up after tasting the canvas. Del Valle continued to press the action in the fourth and fifth stanzas, while Snow began moving his hands but still held frequently. Snow found moments of success in the sixth and had his best round in the seventh, during which he connected with a hard shot that got an off balance Del Valle’s attention. Still gunning for a knockout, Del Valle pushed the action in the eighth however, Snow tied him up on multiple occasions and finished on his feet.

While most fans and ringsiders had Del Valle winning at least six rounds, the scores were surprisingly 76-74 on all three scorecards.

“Thomas Snow was a very game fighter and I tip my hat off to him for being a tough competitor,” Del Valle said shortly after the victory. “I would’ve liked to have finished him, but he was constantly tying me up. I thought the referee would’ve warned him or taken a point, but that didn’t happen. This fight was a good learning experience and like JAY Z says ‘it’s onto the next one.’”

With Snow out of his way, Del Valle’s sights are set on bigger opportunities.

“I want to get my hands on one of the champions or top contenders at 122 pounds. Ever since I started boxing, my goal was to become a world champion. I’m hoping to have the chance to fight for one of the belts soon because there’s nothing I want more than to bring a world title belt back to Puerto Rico.”

Fans can interact with Del Valle on Twitter @Orlanditoboxing and facebook.com/Orlandito-Del-Valle-111406195543360.

Contact: Matt Yanofsky (Team Del Valle) – 551-206-0578 or @kopublicity